Healthy Communities Healthy Kids
With the Healthy Communities Healthy Kids (HC-HK) coalition, we’re working together to create safe, healthy and positive communities for children and adults a like.
About The Healthy Communities Healthy Kids Coalition
The HC-HK coalition is dedicated to creating a culture in Haddam and Killingworth that positively engages the community to empower youth and families to make healthy and thoughtful decisions to support a flourishing, substance-free living. This then provides an environment where children and adults can work together to mold the community they want to live in. During our monthly meetings, we work together to develop town-wide long-term strategies with the goal of the following tasks:
- Reduce youth and adult tobacco, alcohol and other drug use/abuse and promote the effective prevention, intervention and treatment.
- Assess the need of available services/resources – both public and private, for profit and non-profit – the development of an effective strategy.
- Increase public awareness of the scope and nature of substance abuse problems within the local community.
- Promote public action and policies that increase awareness of substance abuse.
- Encourage the development of evidence-based programs related to substance use prevention, reduction, intervention and treatment.
- Promote publication and policies to provide funding and support for said programs.
- Assist in the oversight and coordination of funding to public and private, for profit and non-profit programs related to substance use prevention, reduction, intervention and treatment.
- Engage in a full commitment to complete collaboration among agencies to provide effective prevention, reduction, intervention and treatment.
Who Are The Members of the HC-HK Coalition?
People just like you! Community involvement is vital to the success of the Healthy Communities Healthy Kids coalition. Members include local governments, law enforcement, healthcare professionals, businesses, churches, civic organizations and even local youth. Meetings are held once per month at the H-K High School. They are completely open to anyone who would like to join. We welcome you to come check it out and get more acquainted with our organization!
To participate in the Healthy Communities Healthy Kids coalition, visit us at our next meeting or please contact us today. If you would like more information about our community coalitions or would like to get involved, get in touch with us. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.